Who loves pasta? Mememememe!!!
And you can have some whole grain pasta on the 21 Day Fix, but, let’s face it, it isn’t a lot and you probably want to save those yellow for something else.
If you’ve never heard of spaghetti squash, or you’ve seen the big yellow bulbous things at the produce aisle and had no clue what they were, I’m about to rock your world.
But let’s get the basics first. How do you cook this thing?
1. Slice the ends off. Just the very ends. This is easier said than done. Use a BIG Walking-Dead machete knife and don’t cut your fingers off.
2. Cut it in half length wise. Again, BIG sharp knife. You kinda rock the knife back and forth as you press down. It helps.
3. Take a spoon and scrape out the seeds. Try to hit the trash can with them. Or, if you’re like me, miss the trash and sling sticky seeds all over the kitchen floor, then have the dog get mad at you when she discovers it’s not edible food. Anyway…
4. Place the cut halves in a casserole dish with about 1 inch of water. Cover with plastic wrap.
5. Microwave it for 10-15 minutes. Start with ten. Poke it with a fork. If it doesn’t pierce easy, keep going. If you’re anti-microwave, you can bake it – no plastic of course – in the oven at 374 for 35-45 minutes.
6. Use an oven mitt to pick it up. Scrape the ‘noodles’ with a fork.
– Add marinara or meat sauce for a spaghetti dinner.
– Sprinkle with Mediterranean seasoning and a bit of olive oil.
It’s a GREEN container. So eat up!